2nd Winter School
The content of this web page is the sole responsibility of Algebra University College.
The project was co-financed by the European Union from the European Social Fund. Please find more information on EU funds at Ministry of regional development and EU funds website: www.strukturnifondovi.hr.
INTERNET OF THINGS: IoT system for patient monitoring using smart wristband
For the second year in a row, Algebra’s Winter School was held for students enrolled in graduate studies at higher education institutions in the Republic of Croatia had the opportunity to attend
a course on the subject of INTERNET OF THINGS: IoT system for patient monitoring using smart wristband. The Winter School was organized as part of the project titled ALGEBRA (TIIT) – Transformation and internationalization of Algebra IT study program. The project was co-financed by the European Union from the European Social Fund. Find more info on EU funds at Ministry of regional development and EU funds website: www.strukturnifondovi.hr.
INTERNET OF THINGS:
IoT system for patient monitoring using smart wristband
- February 15 – February 26, 2021
WHY JOIN THE IoT WINTER SCHOOL PROGRAM?
- Would you describe yourself as creative, curious and open minded?
- If your answer is yes to any of these, Algebra’s IoT Winter School is the right choice for you!
- Are you interested in spending two weeks in February learning about cutting-edge trends in modern technology at a premier educational institution while adding new qualifications to your CV?
Algebra University College offers you an exciting and engaging course, so that you can spend your winter acquiring new knowledge and skills. The course is designed to be both applicable, creative and suitable for students from all backgrounds so don’t get discouraged if you are just starting to find your footing in the world of digitalization.
Now that you are familiar with all the steps necessary for an unforgettable winter, it’s time for you to send us your application and join the IoT winter school! You have until February 5, 2021 to apply via the online application form that you can find on our website. Make the best decision for your future and join us at Algebra’s Winter School!
Make friends for life and join dozens of young people in creating a digital future! Come to Algebra and see why we have been named the most exciting winter school in Europe.
#Excel at what you love doing!
Algebra TIIT Project Team
About the program
INTERNET OF THINGS:
- IoT system for patient monitoring using smart wristband
The topic of this course is building a system for remote monitoring and recording of basic patient’s health indicators. Monitored data includes body temperature, heart rate and location, but can be extended with additional sensors such as blood oxygen, detection of other patients nearby using BLE, etc.
The COVID-19 pandemic makes this topic very relevant because the application of such a system can be a valuable tool for monitoring of patients and self-isolated people, resulting in prevention of virus spread.
The aim of the course is to introduce students to the technologies, concepts, and architectures relevant for the design and implementation of modern IoT systems and to motivate them to actively participate in building a specific patient monitoring IoT system.
Students will learn the basics of embedded technologies – using and programming microcontrollers, interfacing and controlling peripheral devices such as digital and analog inputs, sensors and actuators. Relevant communication protocols and standards used in IoT solutions will be covered. You will also learn about the concept of edge devices for data aggregation and local processing and the concept of cloud services for data acquisition, visualization and machine learning. You will then implement a fully functional system using those elements.
- Introduction to IoT
- Designing an IoT architecture
- Introduction to basics of electronics and microcontrollers
- Programming ESP32 using Arduino development environment
- Using MQTT protocol on ESP32 microcontroller
- Programming Raspberry Pi in Python
- Using MQTT protocol on Raspberry Pi
- Building REST API in Cloud for saving telemetry data in database
- Building web interface for visualizing telemetry data in Cloud
- Application of machine learning in temperature and heartrate trend forecasting and alarming
The knowledge you will acquire
- Evaluate the applicability of a given IoT architecture
- Create a measuring device capable of sending its telemetry data via standard network protocols
- Create an edge gateway capable of collecting telemetry data from multiple measuring devices and sending them to Cloud
- Create a Cloud service capable of collecting and visualizing telemetry data
- Apply machine learning in the cloud for trend forecasting
Time and place
- February 15 – February 26, 2021
- Courses will be held after 5 PM
Algebra University College, Ilica 242, HR-10000, Zagreb
Accommodation is not subsidized by the project. However, if you need a place to stay while in Zagreb, the Algebra TIIT Project Team will be happy to assist you in the process of finding suitable accommodation.
- Klara Volarić, Project Assistant
- e-mail: email@example.com
- tel: +385 1 5809 313, 5809 319
A strong tailwind
You will learn all about a continuously growing area that is IT. We believe this gives you a base for personal growth and makes you a prime target for employers worldwide
We refuse to stand still in a rapidly changing world and take good care that all of our study programs stays up to date with world trends.
Accolades and awards make us proud, as well as being proclaimed the best professional study in Croatia. We strive to justify your trust and take our role in your education very seriously.